About the Firm
Huntersville Family Lawyer Works for You
Knowledgeable attorney aids clients in Cabarrus, Iredell, and Mecklenburg counties
Family law cases are typically emotional and stressful situations. Because of this, you need an experienced and attentive attorney to guide you through the difficult process. At David Self Family Law and Mediation in Huntersville, I represent clients throughout Cabarrus, Iredell, and Mecklenburg counties in a full range of family law matters. Whether you’re fighting for child custody, going through a divorce, or working toward the modification of previously established child support terms, I will do everything in my power to make sure that you get the best result possible, using use my knowledge and experience to bring you peace of mind.
Experienced North Carolina advocate handles divorce and custody disputes
I have a positive reputation in the communities I serve because of my:
- Responsive guidance — I am incredibly attentive and will answer you whenever you need me. No problem is too small.
- Personalized approach — While I have numerous clients, my firm will always treat you as a priority. Family law is personal, and you’re not just a case number. I provide the individualized attention you deserve.
- Trustworthiness — I am dedicated to protecting your rights and the rights of your family, and I pride myself on creating long-lasting relationships with each of my clients.
Family law conflicts can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to go through them alone. With me, you get the support and legal assistance that you need to achieve a result that will put you at ease.
Areas of Practice
Attentive litigator provides support when a marriage ends
I am devoted to helping you and your loved ones get through these hard times by providing you with skilled counsel in cases related to:
- Divorce — If you are struggling with the idea of divorce, I can provide you with options available under North Carolina law and assist you with any alimony or distribution of property discussions you will need to have.
- Same-sex divorce — Since 2014 in North Carolina, the same laws have applied to opposite-sex and same-sex couples in terms of both marriage and divorce. Same-sex couples may have more questions when faced with divorce, and my firm has the experience to help if this applies to you.
- Child support — There are many factors to consider when child support is discussed. I will ensure your rights are upheld in these decisions. If circumstances change and you need to seek modifications to any existing child support orders, I am well-equipped to help you.
- Child custody — When parents split up, children’s lives are affected dramatically. Custody can be granted to whomever the court deems is in the child’s best interest, and mothers’ and fathers’ child custody rights are always taken into consideration. In the state of North Carolina, grandparents’ rights are also considered. As with child support, there are modifications that may be required with child custody orders and if you need to discuss them, I will assist you.
While family law cases can be unnerving, I have significant experience guiding clients through their legal issues, and I am an honest advocate who will tirelessly champion both you and your loved ones to achieve the solution you desire.
Contact a North Carolina family lawyer for a consultation
David Self Family Law and Mediation represents clients throughout Cabarrus, Iredell & Mecklenburg counties in family law cases. Please call 704-594-5364 or contact me online
to schedule a consultation at my office in Huntersville.