After graduating from law school, I knew that I wanted to help families in the community where I grew up. I knew I didn’t want to fight for corporations. I knew I didn’t want to work far away from family and friends. That is the reason why I have been helping families in Charlotte and the surrounding area since the day I started practicing law.
Each client is unique and wants something different. I understand this and have the flexibility and tenacity to accommodate each client’s desires.
Some clients want the divorce over quickly so they can move onto the next phase of their life. Some clients need more time to think about it. Some clients need to go to court because their spouse is unreasonable or vindictive. Some people want an out-of-court settlement. Some people want to avoid attorneys and use the process of mediation.
Whatever your family law needs, I am prepared to advocate on your behalf.
I am the product of a divorce. I have seen family and friends go through the divorce process. I have seen firsthand that divorce can be done the right way and the wrong way. My family is important to me, and I understand your family is important to you and must be handled correctly.
Here’s a little bit of information about me. I am married and have two children. I have two dogs, Charley and Coco that we adopted from the shelter.
My free time is spent working out at Crossfit Huntersville and hanging out with friends. I love competitive sports. I played college baseball. I love watching football. I’m a big Carolina Panthers fan. If it has a ball, a winner, and a loser, I usually like to watch it.
I graduated from Cornell University with an engineering degree. I decided to become a lawyer after working several years as an engineer. I graduated Summa Cum Laude from North Carolina Central University School of Law in 2008. I have practiced family law in Mecklenburg and the surrounding counties ever since.
I became a Board-Certified Specialist in Family Law with the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization in 2013 and I was re-certified as a board-certified specialist in 2019. In 2018, I became a NCDRC Certified Family Financial Mediator because I saw the benefit that mediation can provide to families in a divorce.
Family law is what I do – I don’t dabble.
So what am I aiming to do? My goal is to provide caring, high-quality representation to people who are going through a divorce or struggling for their children or grandchildren. My goal is to build trust with my clients by listening to them, caring about their needs, and championing their rights.
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization 2013. Recertified in 2019.
- Certified Family Financial Mediator
- North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission 2018
Awards & Accolades
- Legal Elite 2023
- SuperLawyer 2020-2023
- Best Lawyers 2020-2023
- Client Champion Platinum | Martindale Hubbell, 2022-2023
- Client Champion Gold | Martindale Hubbell, 2021
- Client Champion Silver | Martindale Hubbell, 2019-2020
- AV Preeminent | Martindale Hubbell, 2018-2023
- Top 30 Matrimonial & Family Law | The National Advocates, 2019-2022
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction | American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018-2022
- Peer Review Rated | Martindale Hubbell, 2018
- 10 Best Law Firms | American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2018-2019
- Rosie Award | Rosen Law Firm, 2013